Latest Updates on Hunt The West
2008 Nebraska Big Game Guide Available
April 16, 2008.
The 2008 Nebraska Big Game guide is available on the website of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.
Firearms deer season will run November 15 - November 23, a little later than usual.
Changes for 2008 include:
- Bonus “free” antlerless-only tags will be added on 87,000 permits in 27 different units, including Archery, Muzzleloader, Youth and Landowner.
- Most bonus tags will be whitetail antlerless-only.
- A youth whitetail antlerless only season is added in January. Landowner permits will be valid Sept. 15 – Jan. 15, with the January season being antlerless-only.
- SCA antlerless-only permits are added in the Calamus and Loup units.
- Boyer Chute antlerless-only hunts are added.
- Youth age 10 and older may hunt deer.
- Fort Robinson, Peterson WMA and Soldier Creek Wilderness Area in the Pine Ridge units are closed to antlerless mule deer harvest to allow for population increases.
- Landowner antelope permits will be either sex.
Get your copy of the Guide from the NGPC website.