Latest Updates on Hunt The West
Nebraska to Set 2008 Big Game Seasons on March 14
March 10, 2008.
From the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission:
The Nebraska Game and Parks Commissioners will set dates and regulations for the 2008 antelope, deer and elk hunting seasons, draw for the 2008 elk lottery permit and tackle several other issues at a March 14 meeting at Commission headquarters in Lincoln.
The meeting will begin at 8 a.m.
A public hearing to set regulations for the 2008 deer and elk hunting seasons relating to permit types, permit quotas, unit and zone boundaries, season dates, bag limits, areas open and weapons allowed, will begin at 8:30 a.m.
The commissioners will take action on a number of issues, including:
- A recommendation to hold a public hearing at the next meeting to consider establishing an apprentice hunter education exemption certificate fee;
- A recommendation to hold a public hearing at the next meeting to consider adding Shell Lake in Sheridan County to the current list of wildlife management areas that allow all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles over ice;
- A recommendation to approve Nebraska’s second aquatic habitat plan;
- A recommendation to enter into a third-party cooperative agreement with the Nebraska Public Power District of Columbus for a project on Sutherland Reservoir;
- A recommendation to approve the 20-year hunter/angler recruitment, development and retention plan;
- Receive an audit report of Eugene T. Mahoney State Park by Don Dunlap representing the state auditor;
- An appearance of Matthew Robinson to discuss hunting regulations;
- Conduct the drawing of the 2008 elk lottery permit.