Latest Updates on Hunt The West
Apply for Arizona Spring Hunts by October 13
October 5, 2009.
From Arizona Game and Fish:
Before you take to the field to go hunting this fall, be sure to submit your application for spring hunts to the Arizona Game and Fish Department before Tuesday, Oct. 13 by 7 p.m. (MST). Postmarks don’t count.
That’s right, time is running out for hunters looking forward to being in the field when the male turkeys are gobbling, or when the javelina are feeding on a sunny hillside at first light. Hunting tags for the 2010 spring turkey, javelina, and buffalo season are issued through a lottery draw process (note, all bear hunts are issued over-the-counter).
For those interested in applying, the spring hunt draw information booklet and application form are available at more than 300 license dealers statewide, at Game and Fish offices, or by downloading from www.azgfd.gov/draw.
Applications may be hand delivered to any of the seven department offices around the state, or by U.S. mail to Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn: Drawing Section, PO Box 74020, Phoenix, AZ 85087-1052. There is no online application process available. For a listing of department offices, visit www.azgfd.gov/offices.
Department officials note a couple of common mistakes to avoid that will get your application rejected for errors, including:
- License - be sure you have a 2010 hunting license or have applied for one on your application.
- Signature – be sure each applicant signs the application.
- Hunt numbers – be sure to use the hunt numbers, not game management numbers, when selecting your hunt choices.
- Application – be sure to use a separate application and envelope for each different species you are applying for.
- Payment – be sure to double check that your payment matches the amount due, including license fees if applicable.
Check us out on Twitter: www.twitter.com/HuntTheWest