Latest Updates on Hunt The West


Leftover Moose Permits Available in Idaho

June 10, 2009.

From Idaho Fish and Game:

The application period for leftover moose controlled hunt permits starts Monday, June 15, and runs through June 25.

For a list of hunt numbers and leftover permits available, go to the controlled hunt page:

Any permits left over from this drawing will be available first-come first-served beginning July 10.

Check the moose, mountain goat and bighorn sheep rules brochure and the controlled hunt information section for details on each hunt and specific controlled hunt information.

Controlled hunt applications may be submitted at any hunting and fishing license vendor, Fish and Game office, with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5 or 1-800-824-3729, or online at or

The resident controlled hunt permit and application fee is $173. The nonresident controlled hunt permit, tag and application fee is $2,116.50.

These fees include a nonrefundable application fee of $6.25 for Idaho residents and $14.75 for nonresidents.

Permit and tag fees must be included with moose controlled hunt applications.

There is a service charge for processing phone-in and Internet applications. The phone-in charge is 3 percent of the transaction plus $5.50; the Internet charge is 3 percent of the transaction plus $3.50.

Applicants also must have a valid Idaho hunting license.

More Updates from Hunt The West ...

Don't want to miss the latest updates?
Sign-up for a free subscription and we'll bring the news to you ...

Check us out on Twitter: